September 2009 Hadoop Get Together Berlin
Posted: | More posts about JAQL Hadoop Software Foundation Lucene Event Get Together
The newthinking store Berlin is hosting the Hadoop Get Together user group meeting. It features talks on Hadoop, Lucene, Solr, UIMA, katta, Mahout and various other projects that deal with making large amounts of data accessible and processable. The event brings together leaders from the developer and user communities. The speakers present projects that build on top of Hadoop, case studies of applications being built and deployed on Hadoop. After the talks there is plenty of time for discussion, some beer and food.
There is also a related Xing Group on the topic of building scalable information retrieval systems. Feel free to join and meet other developers dealing with the topic of building scalable solutions.
Please see upcoming page for updates.
- Thilo Götz: JAQL
- Uwe Schindler: Lucene 2.9
- nugg.ad: Ad Recommendation with Hadoop
- T. Schuett: Solving puzzles with Hadoop.
If you yourself would like to give a presentation: There are additional slots of 20 minutes each available. There is a beamer provided. Just bring your slides. To include your topic on this web site as well as the upcoming.org entry, please send your proposal to Isabel.
After the talks there will be time for an open discussion. We are going into a nearby restaurant after the event so there will be plenty of time for talking, discussing and new ideas.
The Apache Hadoop Get Together takes place at the newthinking store Berlin:
newthinking store GmbH
View Larger Map
- Homeli - not exactly in walking distance, but only a few S-Bahn stations away. Very nice Bed and Breakfast hotel. (The offer is only valid if you stay for at least three nights.)
- Circus Berlin is a combination of hostel and hotel close by.
- Zimmer in Berlin is yet another Bed and Breakfast hotel.
- House boat near Friedrichshain
If you would like to be notified on news please subscribe to our mailinglist. The meetings usually are also announced on the project mailing lists as well as on the newthinking store website.
In case you have any trouble reaching the location or finding accomodation feel free to contact the organiser Isabel.
- September 2009 Hadoop Get Together
- June 2009 Hadoop Get Together
- March 2009 Hadoop Get Together
- December 2008 Hadoop Get Together
- September 2008 Hadoop Get Together
- First Hadoop Get Together @ Berlin